Public Prevention of Pneumonia Caused by Novel Coronavirus
The pneumonia caused by novel coronavirus is a newly-found diseasefrom which the public should strengthen prevention.In order to help foreigners understand and master the relevant knowledge of prevention,National Immigration Administration has compiled and translated thisguide accordingtothe PublicPreventionNotes provided by the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
I.Reduce outdoor activitiesasmuch aspossible
1. Avoid visiting areas where the disease is prevalent.
2. It is recommended tomake lessvisits to relatives andfriendsand dining together during the epidemic prevention and control, and stay at home as much as possible.
3.Try to avoidvisits tocrowdedpublic areas, especially places of poor ventilation, such as public bathrooms, hot springs, cinemas, internet bars,Karaokes, shopping malls, bus/train stations, airports,ferry terminalsand exhibitioncenters, etc.
II. Personal Protection and Hand Hygiene
1. It is recommended that a mask shall be worn when going out. A surgical or N95 mask shall be worn when visiting public areas,hospitalsor taking public transportation.
2. Keep your hands sanitized.Try to avoidtouching public objects and parts in public areas.Afterreturningfrom public areas,coveringyour cough, using the restroom, andbefore meals,please wash your hands with soaporliquid soapunder running water,or use alcoholic hand sanitizer.Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes when you are unsure whether your hands are cleanor not.Cover your mouth and nosewith your elbowwhen sneezeor cough.
III. Health Monitoring and Seeking Medical Attention
1.Monitor the healthconditionsof your family members and yourself.Measure your temperatureswhen you feellike having a fever.If you havekid(s) at home, touch the kid’s forehead in the morning and at night. Measure the kid’s temperature in case of fever.
2. Wear a mask and seek medicalattentionatnearbyhospitalsin case of suspicious symptoms. Go to medical institution in a timely manner in case ofthesuspicioussymptoms relating to thepneumoniacaused by novel coronavirusare found. Such symptomsincludefever, cough, pharyngalgia, chest distress, dyspnea, mildly poor appetite, feebleness, mild lethargy, nausea, diarrhea, headache, palpitation,conjunctivitis, mildly sore limb or back muscles, etc.Try toavoid taking metro, bus and other public transportation and visitingcrowdedareas.Tell the doctor your travel andresidence history in epidemic areas,and who youmetafteryou got thedisease.Cooperate withyourdoctor ontherelevantqueries.
IV. Keep Good Hygiene and Health Habits
1.Frequentlyopen the windows of your house forbetterventilation.
2. Do notsharetowels with your family members. Keep your home and tableware clean. Sun-cure your clothes and quilts often.
3. Do not spit. Wrap your oral and nasal secretion with tissue and throw it inacovered dustbin.
4.Balance your nutritionand exercise moderately.
5. Do not touch, buy or eat wild animals (gamey).Try toavoid visiting marketsthatsellliveanimals.
6. Prepare thermometer, surgical or N95 masks, domestic disinfectant and other supplies at home.